Boeing 777-3DE ER, HB-JNA, Faces of SWISS
The 1st 77W for SWISS: a new Triple Seven for the Lufthansa Group
A report from the media relations tour of FRAPORT for the first arrival
| Faces of SWISS | Close up |
After Austrian’s (ex-Lauda Air, 1st in 1997) five 77Es, AeroLogic's (8, 1st in 2009) and Lufthansa Cargo's
(5, 1st in 2013) 777-Freighters
again a passenger model Triple Seven (first of nine 77W for Swiss) for the fleet of LH Group.
Having successfully completed training flights in Mallorca, Schwerin and above
Germany with a go-around in Stuttgart, the first flights with passengers begun on Monday
– 8th February – with a rotation ZRH-GVA-ZRH in the morning, before flying the Frankfurt rotation at noon.
During the introduction phase of Swiss' first 77W the crews are familiarized on
flights around Europe until 26. March: destinations are
GVA, FRA, BCN, LHR, ATH, HAJ, PRG, VCE.
Before being transitioned to HB-JNA, the cockpit crews are trained onboard
Austrian’s fleet of 767/777s and during simulator sessions in Zurich.
The first Swiss 777 landed at FRA's runway 25L at 13:15 than rolled on taxiway M to the end
of the runway system continuing on taxiway Y onto N8 to reach gate A22.
Thanks a lot to Fraport for inviting me onto this media relations tour to the first visit.
Both sides of the Triple Seven have a film of employee faces applied.
The “Faces of SWISS” film consists of 2500 portraits of SWISS employees around the world,
the 12 larger portraits, which represent the different types of employee groups of SWISS,
are 7m in height. The 450m² film weighs only 50kg and is 0,05 mm thick.
Some close up photos of the shiny new SWISS 777.
The underbelly reflects the surroundings of the Triple 7 on a wet tarmac at Frankfurts A-Gate area.
SWISS new interior
Manufacturing plate and Registration
First Class (8 seats)
A comfortable 22" wide seat which transforms into an exclusive private
suite and/or a 2m long bed. Enjoy the airshow on a 32" screen.
Business Class (62 seats)
A comfortable 20.5" wide seat which transforms into a 2m long bed.
Enjoy the IFE on a 16" screen.
Economy Class (270 seats)
Economy Class features a 17.1" wide seat with 31" distance to the seat infront of you.
Enjoy the IFE on a 11" touchscreen.
The first departure at Frankfurt
Leaving FRA, at 14:37 with a short full power take-off-run on runway 18 as LX1073 back to Zurich.
Again I want to give my special thanks to Fraport for inviting me onto this tour.
It was an amazing experience, getting so close to a brand new Boeing 777.
SWISS is the 49th airline flying with the 777 to Frankfurt and the 23rd flying in with the 777-300ER.
The next flight after returning to Zurich was a medium range trip to Barcelona.
SWISS' Triple Seven Delivery Plan
- HB-JNA, L#1363, delivered 29 January '16,
- HB-JNB, L#1383, delivered 29 March '16,
- HB-JNC, L#1391, delivered 28 April '16,
- HB-JND, L#1400, delivered 30 May '16,
- HB-JNE, L#1409, delivered 22 June '16,
- HB-JNF, L#1416, delivered 22 July '16,
- HB-JNG, L#1471, delivered 15 February '17,
- HB-JNH, L#1484, delivered 31 March '17,
- HB-JNI, L#1540, delivered 29 January '18
- HB-JNJ, L#1545, delivered 9 March '18.
Routings as of Schedule 2017
- New York (21 Feb until 26 March 2016)
- Montreal (MoWeFrSu a/o 27th March until October 2016)
- Hong Kong daily a/o 9 May (was WeFrSu a/o 10th April 2016)
- Los Angeles daily a/o 10th June 2016
- Bangkok daily a/o 15th July 2016
- Sao Paulo (MoWeFrSu a/o 1st August 2016 until late 2016)
- San Francisco TuThSa a/o 16 Feb 2017
- Singapore WeFrSu a/o 2nd Sep 2016
- ((Tel Aviv MoFrSu a/o 2nd Sep))
- Miami MoWeFrSu a/o 30 Oct 2016
© All rights reserved; 2016, 2018; Jan M. Otten, www.Triple7-World.info ©